Friday, November 7, 2008

John and Kate Plus 8 Rumors

I am a huge fan of the TLC hit show John and Kate plus 8. The show captures the daily lives of John and Kate Gosselin, as well as their twins and four-year-old sextuplets (that's six kids at once.) Many people have a problem with the amount of free bees that the Gosselin's receive and many also beleive they are exploiting their children by having their lives taped. Recently there have been many rumors posted on blogs about these issues, as well as issues that John and Kate have been having with family members. If you want to read the rumors you can find them at http://www.fanpop.com/spots/jon-and-kate-plus-8/forum/post/16491/2, however I do not believe most of these things and I have something to say to the people who continue to bash this family. I am a middle school teacher at an inner city school near Austin Texas. I mention this because I see the affect that poverty has on children and their education. Just think of how much money the Gosselin's must need in order to live a good lifestyle. I truly think they just want what is best for their children, and filming the popular show allows them to give their children the things they need and want. Any parent alive will tell you they want to give their children nice things, the Gosselins are no different! As far as the rumors are concerned we don't know what their situation is or what has occured between them and their families. My brother was killed in a horrible accident three years ago and the rumors that circulated around his death tore my family apart. Rumors are words that can never be taken back! If you are not a part of the Gosselin's everyday life, then please don't spread things that could possibly be damaging to their lives and family. If you think they are bad people pray for them, and ask God to give them kind hearts.

1 comment:

Alesha said...

I had no idea rumors were flying around about them. I love that show too! So glad you have a blog now! :)